BitTorrent applications used by hundreds of millions of users around the world could be tricked into participating in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, amplifying the malicious traffic generated by attackers by up to 50 times.
- Malicious subtitles in popular media players could lead to remote compromise
- Be wary of fake WannaCry fixes
- EU chipmakers propose IoT cybersecurity baseline ahead of new regulations
- DaFont hacked: accounts and passwords stolen
- Cisco security exec: ‘Connected devices are creating 277 times more data than people are’