As CIO and senior vice president of innovation, technology and service operations for Aetna, Meg McCarthy's responsibilities extend beyond IT. Her employer is a leader in the U.S. health insurance and benefits industry, with more than 34,000 employees and $35 billion in revenue. In addition to her tech duties, McCarthy oversees real estate, procurement and service; leads the informatics group; and runs ActiveHealth, an Aetna subsidiary in New York.
- Australia releases advice to counter ‘foreign interference’ after university cyber attacks
- Cisco: there’s a bad bug in open source software that a Netflix engineer abandoned in 2016
- When moving to cloud, don’t lift-and-shift your security techniques
- Microsoft: find and patch RDP services now because new BlueKeep threats are coming
- My Health Record avoids cybersecurity breaches despite dizzying growth in usage