FireEye's acquisition of Mandiant is getting generally positive reviews from industry analysts, though some caution that FireEye faces a big challenge in its goals related to blending the two security firms' products.
Enterprise Strategy - News, Features, and Slideshows
Last year saw tons of activity in software-defined networking, including the introduction of Cisco's response to the hardware-marginalizing trend. This year promises to be no different for SDN.
Blue Coat Systems today announced it has acquired anti-malware firm Norman Shark for an undisclosed price, in order to integrate its technologies, such as sandboxing, into other security products available through Blue Coat.
While most corporations have strict policies against using consumer-class file sharing and collaboration services because they are not secure, employees still regularly use them because they are convenient and easy to use, a survey finds
McAfee yesterday said it has acquired the ValidEdge anti-malware sandboxing technology from LynuxWorks in order to add a new type of malware detection to its network and endpoint products. The first integration of sandboxing into its product line is expected in the second half of this year.
- Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of good data management
- Why Australia has an opportunity to lead the way on AI regulation
- Microsoft to dump Windows 10's smaller delta updates
- Google faces €4.34 billion fine over Android browser and search engine ties
- From the computer suite to the C-suite: How tech people can take over business