IOT Group is seeking to establish a hub for crypto-currency miners that will plug directly into a Hunter Valley power station if it is recommissioned.
energy - News, Features, and Slideshows
energy in pictures
Caltex Australia, in concert with Australian corporate accelerator Slingshot, is calling on entrepreneurs to join its ‘Spark’ accelerator program in a bid to ‘disrupt and challenge’ the Caltex business model.
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) has appointed Joe Locandro as its inaugural chief digital and technology officer.
As they strive to innovate and digitally transform their organisations, utilities are hitting a major barrier: their cultures.
Origin Energy’s O Hub – an offsite colocation space where Origin staff work alongside tech start-ups – has announced its first project.
Executives at midsized industrial firms believe their data is at little or no risk, even though they hold valuable intellectual property and business process data sought by criminals, according to consulting firm McGladrey.
Adding new layers for both improved communications and business-focused data analysis may add pressure to already pressured CIOs, but information executives aren’t the only ones staring down organisational change as a result of the industry’s new information-driven dynamics.
Smart meters have a way to go. The recent 2010 Australian Smart Grid Study, a survey of 13 Australian utilities by sector consultancy Logica, showed an average self-reported maturity rating of just 2.14 on a scale of 1 to 5, and communications networks to support them rated 2.80.
Like any entrepreneur, Andrew Dyer is excited about the possibilities for his clean-energy venture, BrightSource Energy. The company, of which he is a director, is this year partnering with energy giant Chevron to cover 1000 acres of the US desert with 4000 mirrors that reflect sunlight onto three boilers mounted atop each of three 100 metre towers.
Whitepapers about energy
Before buying new UPS hardware, today’s data centre operators need to know that the funds they’re investing will result in a quick and significant payback, one that can be improved further if their electrical utility provides energy-efficiency incentive programs for data centres. Find out: How a properly equipped high-efficiency mode UPS pays for itself in as little as two years, the environmental benefits of UPS, plus, the 8 capabilities to look for in high efficiency mode UPS.
- Recognising the value of millennials in today’s IT businesses
- Instagram co-founders resign in latest Facebook executive exit
- Researchers say Data61-backed blockchain platform delivers scalability, energy efficiency
- NBN Co rolls out capacity boost for transit network
- Microsoft launches Office 2019 for Windows, macOS
- Adobe, Microsoft and SAP pitch for seamless customer data integration with new initiative
- What Open Colleges did to bolster marketing profitability
- Apple and Salesforce announce strategic partnership
- Former Virgin Mobile CMO and CEO joins oOh! as first customer chief
- How natural selection AI is generating huge conversion increases for RateCity