The Department of Home Affairs has acknowledged that, according to advice it has received from industry, the way the so-called ‘encryption’ legislation is perceived has “had a material impact on the Australian market and the ability for Australian companies to compete globally”.
- Cloud helps education startup Saasyan bootstrap its business, securely
- The week in security: Will a $US5b fine get the privacy message through?
- Microsoft warned 10,000 targets of nation-state hackers in one year
- Microsoft eyes Mozilla’s Rust to obliterate C++ memory security flaws
- Will Facebook’s $US5b punishment finally prompt other companies to act on privacy?