The unique attack method used to disrupt the code-sharing site GitHub over the last week could have been prevented if more websites enabled encryption, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) said Wednesday.
- IT subcontractor left 2.7 million recorded calls from people seeking medical advice exposed on the internet
- The week in security: A Parliament of howls as nation-state, BEC attacks fly thick and fast
- Attackers place crypto-jacking apps in Microsoft App Store
- Data breaches exposed 5 billion records in 2018.
- Users are still terrible with passwords, but popularity of security apps suggests they want to get better