Managers for the Marine Corps Headquarters Command, Control, Communication and Computers (C4) office weren't sure they were getting the most out of the money they were spending on contractors. The group, which oversees IT for the Marine Corps, needed a performance measurement system, recounts Col. Ronald Zich. In 2006, C4 adopted Earned Value Management (EVM), a project management methodology that maps spending to performance.
- Senator Warner seeks "grand alliance" to protect against surveillance threat from China’s tech dominance
- HP buys Bromium to apply virtualisation security to PCs
- IoT security is getting worse, not better: researchers
- Study: Bug bounties ‘often inefficient and expensive’
- Windows Defender anti-malware glitch breaks file scanning on Windows 10, Windows 7