Who could forget #censusfail last year? After a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack and concerns over potential loss of data during the 2016 Census, the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ Census site was shut down for days. Once it was eventually restored on 11 August 2016, it was successfully used by millions of Australians to submit their census data.
- Microsoft warned 10,000 targets of nation-state hackers in one year
- Microsoft eyes Mozilla’s Rust to obliterate C++ memory security flaws
- Will Facebook’s $US5b punishment finally prompt other companies to act on privacy?
- As skills gaps persist, CEDA finds temporary migration is “a net positive” for Australia
- The week in security: After major GDPR violations, everything is fine