.Net developer, full stack developer and front end developer are the three technology sector occupations in highest demand in Australia.
developers - News, Features, and Slideshows
developers in pictures
Developers in Australia have the highest average age in the world – at 29 – according to a survey from Stack Overflow.
The media’s attention is often unpredictable, meaning when focus fell on one of Isentia’s long list of clients, there were huge spikes in compute demand for its monitoring services.
The adoption of APIs in Australia continues at pace with half of businesses having an API strategy already in place, according to a survey. Another third (32 per cent) will implement one this year.
An analysis of hundreds of Android virtual private network (VPN) apps has found that 18 per cent do not encrypt users' traffic and 38 per cent inject malware.
So you are about to launch a new product or service, or are thinking about it. Congratulations. Unfortunately, having the best idea (or product or service) in the world may not get you buzz, or sales, if the right people don't know about it. Here are nine steps you can take to increase the odds of your rollout being successful.
The basic idea behind Dev and Ops is to get the two roles working together. This sounds obvious, but think for a moment about how the roles have traditionally been implemented. Operations is responsible for uptime and reliability; the simplest way to keep systems up and running is to lock ‘em down and prevent change. The job of a software developer is to create change. From the beginning, the incentives for one role are misaligned with the other. The first part of DevOps, the very inkling of an idea, is to break down the walls between the roles.
When it comes down to it, insurance is little more than an assurance. "When you think about what we sell, you can't touch it, you can't see it, you can't smell it. Our product is nothing more than a promise to be there when you need it," says Michael Zuna, CMO of Aflac, an insurer with $120 billion in assets. "And that happens when you submit a claim."
Enterprise bug bounty programs are increasing in popularity. They offer cash to hackers who find and report security vulnerabilities and are an effective way for large organizations to beef up the security of their software.
Whitepapers about developers
This whitepaper discusses why an analytics-ready Hadoop-based enterprise data hub platform and advanced integration are critical technologies to take full advantage of big data. • Organizations increasingly recognize the potential of big data to transform their business • One of the biggest challenges associated with big data projects is a shortage of resource skills. • Learn about a solution to increase productivity up to five times with readily available trained developers
- Enterprise PC-buying spree spurs first shipment climb in six years
- Ericsson, Telstra and Intel clock another 5G first
- Cisco shares dive after reports of AWS networking kit move
- People trying to opt-out of My Health Record find they already have one
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Inside EY: invest, build or partner?
- Last chance to submit your views on the state of the A/NZ channel
- Venture capital investment in Aussie start-ups surpasses $630M
- ASG secures $11M “digital-first” deal with National Audit Office
- iQ3 partners with Vocus to boost cloud capabilities of distribution giant
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan
- Budget Direct CMO: Experiment with voice assistants now or miss the next customer engagement wave
- Latest Hays jobs report show widespread gaps in marketing and digital skills
- Why we need to look inside the black box of AI