Gavin Slater will leave the government’s Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) at the end of the month after little more than 12 months in the role.
Department of Immigration and Border Protection - News, Features, and Slideshows
Close to 10,000 asylum seekers affected by a data breach of personal information four years ago by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection are invited to provide evidence of loss or damage to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Teradata has taken home a $28.9 million data warehouse services deal from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
The federal government will spend $22.5 million over the next three years deploying facial recognition technology at Australia’s airports, eliminating the need for travelers to produce passports at gates.
Unisys and CSIRO’s Data61 are researching how data analytics could detect potential border security risks posed by passengers, visa applicants, cargo and parcels.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election