An intrusion prevention system (IPS) includes all the features of an intrusion detection system but also has the ability to act upon malicious traffic. Since the IPS usually sits in line with network traffic it can shut down attacks, typically by blocking access from the attacker or blocking access to the target. In some cases, the IPS can talk to the firewall to block an attack.
- Senator Warner seeks "grand alliance" to protect against surveillance threat from China’s tech dominance
- HP buys Bromium to apply virtualization security to its PCs
- IoT security is getting worse, not better: researchers
- Study: Bug bounties ‘often inefficient and expensive’
- Windows Defender anti-malware glitch breaks file scanning on Windows 10, Windows 7