Myer’s digital and data chief, Mark Cripsey, has been promoted to chief operating officer at the retail group following a management restructure announced today.
data analysis - News, Features, and Slideshows
data analysis in pictures
It's a machine, rather than a human analyst, that might be your best choice to deliver deeper data analysis.
ANZ bank's 48,000 global staff are each being encouraged to become "their own data scientist" and being provided with tools to draw value from the company's fast-growing data lake.
The New South Wales government's new Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Victor Dominello MP, will use his place on the Expenditure Review Committee (ERC) to push for a data-driven approach to financing agencies, he said today.
Data scientists, engineers and software designers from Qantas and GE will analyse some of the 10 billion data points produced by the aviation sector annually to help the carrier cut fuel costs and carbon emissions.
There’s not much use in presenting data through convoluted, cluttered-looking reports that could make a person instantly fall asleep. That’s the view of Pat Hanrahan, who has spent most of his life working on data visualisations and beautiful images.
A second technology making a significant impact on solving Big Data problems is in-memory computing, which takes workloads that were traditionally resident on disk-based storage and moves them into main memory. This delivers a performance improvement many times above that which has been possible previously.
According to IDC’s Digital Universe report the data created globally on an annual basis will leap from 1.2 zettabytes this year to 35 zettabytes in 2020 (one zettabyte is equal to one billion terabytes).
- New copyright rules needed for AI era argue Google, Microsoft
- NSW government strikes deals with Microsoft, Salesforce
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites
- Delaware to test blockchain-based business filing system
- Report: Australians ‘lack understanding’ of how apps use their data
- Freeview recruits Foxtel marketer as new head of marketing
- UPDATED: Salesforce ups the Marketing Cloud ante with Datorama acquisition
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan