The PayID real-time banking system owned by Australian financial institutions through the New Payments Platform (NPP) has been the victim of hacker misuse twice this year, highlighting just how vulnerable the nation’s real time payments infrastructure is.
- Sustained attacks on Australian education reflect data’s continued vulnerability
- Google matches Apple's iOS bug bounty: will pay up $1.5m for a really tough Android Pixel hack
- Emergent Android banking Trojan shows app overlay attacks are still effective
- Firefox’s Mozilla doubles its bug bounty cash rewards
- Australian businesses slower to detect breaches than global peers, but everyone is still taking too long