Commonwealth Bank of Australia has partnered with CSIRO’s Data61 group to pilot a blackchain-based programmable money app.
CSIRO - News, Features, and Slideshows
Researchers behind the ‘fork-free’ Red Belly Blockchain have validated their work on a global scale, by deploying it on 1,000 virtual machines across 14 of Amazon Web Services’ 18 geographic regions.
'Digital innovation' – encompassing innovation-led productivity improvements of existing businesses and the rise of new digital industries – can deliver $315 billion in gross economic value to Australia over the next decade.
Brisbane, Adelaide, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast and Canterbury-Bankstown have been shortlisted for the top prize at the inaugural Australian Smart Cities Awards.
CSIRO’s Data61 group, law firm Herbert Smith Freehills and IBM have formed a consortium to build a blockchain-based smart contracts platform dubbed the Australian National Blockchain (ANB).
The Internet of Things promises to transform how cities, communities, people, organisations, and machines relate to one another. CIO talks to the people who are making it happen.
How precision agriculture and data generating technologies are helping farmers make better decisions and grow their businesses.
On the 40th anniversary of the 1969 lunar landing, CIO brings you an encore look at the computers in the era of the space exploration courtesy of the the Australian Computer Museum Society.
An Australian developed algorithm has allowed researchers at the CSIRO to map -- for the first time -- Centaurus A, an enormous galaxy with a a supermassive black hole that is 50 million times the mass of our sun.
For many, Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is synonymous with innovation, but not with the successful commercialisation of its intellectual property (IP).
- IT talent war driving ‘unsustainable’ wage growth, report says
- Anti-piracy bill takes aim at ‘cyberlockers’, search engines
- Victoria Police to fit 220 patrol cars with number plate recognition cams
- New anti-piracy laws to target search engines
- Optus forks out $12 million to customers over direct carrier billing
- Huawei former channel boss joins HPE
- Motorola Solutions wins $17.3M number plate scanning deal with Vic Police
- NSW Telco Authority keeps NEC Australia for next phase of CCEP roll out
- Apple allows A/NZ users tool to see what data it has collected
- Spirit Telecom wins $1.7M Vic Govt contract in NBN alternative play
- So long, JCP: Eclipse has a new Java spec process in mind
- What is a private cloud? (And some things that it's not)
- Google aims Plus at the enterprise as consumer side falters
- Big browsers to pull support plug for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 encryption protocols in early '20
- 3..., 2..., 1? How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy