IT services outfit Interactive has appointed former Perpetual GM of technology Nick Scholefield as its first chief information officer.
CSIRO - News, Features, and Slideshows
Huawei is the latest company to throw its hat into the ring in the race to get autonomous cars on the road. The Chinese tech giant said on Thursday that it was the first mobile device manufacturer in the world to use an AI-powered smartphone to drive a car.
CSIRO’s Data61 and Chinese firm ZongMu Technology are developing technology that will help overcome one of the biggest technical challenges in autonomous driving – giving vehicles human-like sight.
An analytics application developed by CSIRO’s Data61 will be used to predict engine failure and reduce fuel consumption on Royal Australian Navy vessels.
AI software is being rolled out to 20 GP clinics in Western Australia to screen patients for diabetic retinopathy.
The Internet of Things promises to transform how cities, communities, people, organisations, and machines relate to one another. CIO talks to the people who are making it happen.
How precision agriculture and data generating technologies are helping farmers make better decisions and grow their businesses.
On the 40th anniversary of the 1969 lunar landing, CIO brings you an encore look at the computers in the era of the space exploration courtesy of the the Australian Computer Museum Society.
An Australian developed algorithm has allowed researchers at the CSIRO to map -- for the first time -- Centaurus A, an enormous galaxy with a a supermassive black hole that is 50 million times the mass of our sun.
For many, Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is synonymous with innovation, but not with the successful commercialisation of its intellectual property (IP).
- New copyright rules needed for AI era argue Google, Microsoft
- NSW government strikes deals with Microsoft, Salesforce
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites
- Delaware to test blockchain-based business filing system
- Report: Australians ‘lack understanding’ of how apps use their data
- Freeview recruits Foxtel marketer as new head of marketing
- UPDATED: Salesforce ups the Marketing Cloud ante with Datorama acquisition
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan