Space is tight for computer science students at the University of Washington. The program can accommodate only onethird of UW students who fulfill prerequisites and apply to the major. With lobbying <a href="https://news.cs.washington.edu/2015/02/24/23-wa-technology-leaders-line-up-in-support-of-expanded-facilities-for-uw-cse/">support</a> from a number of big-name tech neighbors Microsoft, Amazon and Zillow, to name a few -- the university is soliciting state funds to help pay for a second building for its Computer Science & Engineering department in Seattle. With a new building, UW expects to double its compsci enrollment.
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus
- Microsoft teams up with NIST to help organizations patch faster than they did after WannaCry