The government wants to significantly expand the scope of laws that currently allow copyright owners and licensees to seek court orders forcing Australian Internet service providers (ISPs) to block their customers from accessing sites that facilitate online piracy.
copyright - News, Features, and Slideshows
copyright in pictures
"The arrogance and that sanctimony. I just thought – how can you?”
The Productivity Commission has called for a reform to “draconian” and “big brother-type” intellectual property laws in a new wide-ranging draft report.
Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA) is urging trade ministers not to sign the final Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement. The signing is due to take place on February 4 in New Zealand.
The Federal Government’s exclusion of copyright reform in its National Innovation and Science Agenda is “disappointing”, according to the Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA).
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be written.
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving much too fast on a motorcycle roars up behind us. He is followed by a police car, sirens blaring and blue lights flashing.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
The U.S. Department of Justice has stepped up its review of a deal that would settle a lawsuit publishers and authors filed against Google over the latter's book search engine, according to published reports.
- Nvidia CEO: no plans for more acquisitions after Mellanox deal
- Adobe and Microsoft take on Salesforce's marketing software, with LinkedIn as a weapon
- How data from drivers of Aston Martin Red Bull travels the world
- Asus implements fix for malware attack
- Queensland Govt appoints NextDC to data centre panel
- How to be CMO of a startup, starting up
- How Best Buy shifted from being retail-led to customer relationship driven
- Adobe unveils customer data platform, Commerce Cloud and fresh Ad, Marketing Cloud capabilities
- Report: Top global digital business transformation accelerators named
- Deputy appoints global CMO