Accomplished cryptographers, including Pretty Good Privacy creator Philip Zimmerman, are among the five inductees into this year's National Cyber Security Hall of Fame. They'll officially be enshrined on Oct. 30 in Baltimore.
- Tencent, Qihoo antimalware firms are accused of cheating, stripped of rankings in antivirus tests
- Civil liberties groups oppose bill ending NSA's bulk phone records program
- Hospital group criticized for emailing health information
- Lawmakers move to end warrantless surveillance of US residents
- The Internet of Things to take a beating in DefCon hacking contest