It's possible to get a printer and other inexpensive network and Internet of Things devices to transmit radio signals that are detectable far enough away that they could be used to steal data from compromised networks, a researcher tells the Black Hat 2015 conference.
Columbia University - News, Features, and Slideshows
Accomplished cryptographers, including Pretty Good Privacy creator Philip Zimmerman, are among the five inductees into this year's National Cyber Security Hall of Fame. They'll officially be enshrined on Oct. 30 in Baltimore.
University and vendor researchers are congregating in San Diego this week at USENIX Security '14 to share the latest findings in security and privacy, and here are 5 that jumped out to me as being particularly interesting.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
Last month's leaking of a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) plan for new net neutrality rules promptly elicited a firestorm of criticism from all sides of the political spectrum for its inclusion of two words -- "commercially reasonable."
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- NIST sets the stage for contactless fingerprint readers
- MainOne's MDX-i taps Azure to offer cloud services in West Africa
- Auction house puts pristine 39-year-old Apple-1 on the block
- CISA likely coming back to Senate, amid doubts about effectiveness
- Review: Office 2016 for Mac offers a new interface and better features
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC