As companies adopt more cloud IT services and work with an increasing number of service providers, the tried-and-true IT towers of the past no longer serve their needs. "The old model lacks the clarity of ownership required to drive decisions on as-a-service offerings that span the traditional tower structure," says Steve Keegan, principal with outsourcing consultancy Pace Harmon. "Determining who makes the call isn't straightforward -- the server team, the app team or the database team?"
- For governments, securing mobility still requires that “something extra”
- US warns everyone to use two-factor to counter rising Iranian ‘wiper’ malware threats
- The week in security: Rethinking security in an age of cyber insecurity
- What if the Internet never existed?
- Oracle releases emergency patch or WebLogic, exploits in the wild