As companies adopt more cloud IT services and work with an increasing number of service providers, the tried-and-true IT towers of the past no longer serve their needs. "The old model lacks the clarity of ownership required to drive decisions on as-a-service offerings that span the traditional tower structure," says Steve Keegan, principal with outsourcing consultancy Pace Harmon. "Determining who makes the call isn't straightforward -- the server team, the app team or the database team?"
- APAC’s transformation enthusiasm causing “scary things” to happen with IoT security
- Former NSA chief weighs in on cybersecurity, cyberespionage at ZertoCon
- Malicious subtitles in popular media players could lead to remote compromise
- Be wary of fake WannaCry fixes
- EU chipmakers propose IoT cybersecurity baseline ahead of new regulations