Westpac’s group chief information officer, Dave Curran, will leave the bank at the end of January next year.
CIOs - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIOs in pictures
The former chief information officer of South Australia’s Department of Premier and Cabinet has pleaded guilty to fraud charges.
Rob Putter has resigned as Roads and Maritime Services’ chief information officer after a little over a year in the role.
Western Australia’s Office of the Government Chief Information Officer will officially cease operations at the end of June. The OGCIO is being transformed into the Office of Digital Government, which will be a discrete business unit sitting within the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
Aurora Energy’s service and delivery operations manager has been tapped to lead IT at the Tasmanian utility.
Security executives urge firms not to lose focus on prevention. They advise developing a holistic plan for IT and business units to fight cybersecurity together.
It seems there's a startup for everything these days. Sure, there are benefits from introducing new, more efficient systems to your enterprise, but there are also technical, financial and practical considerations before signing on with a startup tech company. Here are the pros and cons.
Outstanding CIOs most resemble outstanding CEOs. That was the eye-opening benchmark established when the CIO Executive Council, as part of its Future-State CIO initiative, teamed up with Egon Zehnder International (EZI) two years ago to build a leadership competency assessment for CIOs and senior IT leaders.
To ensure harmony between IT and business management, Jeff Kubacki recommends communication, communication, and more communication.
With a diverse business unit portfolio that includes direct mail, call centres and electronic document management, Salmat CIO David Hackshall is working hard to instil a culture of collaborative knowledge management at the company and turn innovation into efficiency.
Whitepapers about CIOs
- Melbourne Uni launches quantum simulator and environment QUI
- Chemist Warehouse plans AR guides, IoT sensors for stores
- Government should consider tearing up Telstra cancer contract: Inquiry
- IT talent war driving ‘unsustainable’ wage growth, report says
- Anti-piracy bill takes aim at ‘cyberlockers’, search engines
- Ingram Micro refreshes cloud marketplace, signs two new vendors
- Over the Wire acquires Access Digital Networks and Comlinx
- Huawei former channel boss joins HPE
- Motorola Solutions wins $17.3M number plate scanning deal with Vic Police
- NSW Telco Authority keeps NEC Australia for next phase of CCEP roll out
- So long, JCP: Eclipse has a new Java spec process in mind
- What is a private cloud? (And some things that it's not)
- Google aims Plus at the enterprise as consumer side falters
- Big browsers to pull support plug for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 encryption protocols in early '20
- 3..., 2..., 1? How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy