Operational paralysis – failure to align IT with the business strategy -- can lead to a CIO’s demise. Sensing that, some IT executives have opted to disrupt the way they run their departments.
CIO role - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO role in pictures
Leveraging the holidays in your job search might mean landing a new gig for the new year. Here are four tips on how to use the holidays to your advantage.
The Murray-Darling Basin Authority (MBDA) is seeking a new CIO following the imminent departure of Stephen Kay.
Enterprises should expect business as usual from RSA in the wake of its being swept up by Dell this week in the largest tech deal ever, with company executives saying it will retain a good deal of autonomy to carry out its strategic plans.
The way Pitcher Partners' CIO Bradley Kay talks to the company’s execs has changed dramatically from two years ago.
Reconfiguring infrastructures, transitioning to the cloud and cross-training staff are some measures that CIOs and other tech executives have taken to reduce stress in the IT department and improve the business in general.
With their executive power under fire, CIOs need to step out from behind their desks and take a more prominent and visible role both inside and outside their companies.
When a bad CEO goes down, the CIO often goes down with him. The way to save yourself, and your company, is to invest in the analytics technology that gives the CEO the data necessary to make smart business decisions. It doesn't hurt that it also shows why the CIO is more valuable to the CEO than other C-level executives.
When lawmakers passed the most sweeping government IT reform legislation in nearly two decades, federal agency CIOs won significant new budgeting authorities that, along with other provisions, aim to improve efficiencies and reduce waste in the $80 billion federal technology apparatus.
Most CIOs have an inkling that employees in their enterprise have snuck a few applications past the IT department, but a new study by Cisco indicates that they are vastly underestimating the extent that unauthorized apps and services have infiltrated the network.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) formed the CIO Culture Club in March 2013 with the goal of keeping employee engagement high during times of tremendous change in the industry, the company and the IT department. While the name may be a little corny, the club has proven to be extremely valuable to our IT shop.
As federal agencies find themselves awash in data collected through far-flung cloud, mobile and sensor-enabled IT systems, the CIO has a pivotal role to play in establishing sound governance structures.
The average tenure of CIOs has reached 5.8 years, according to CIO's 2015 State of the CIO study, but CIOs are still known for moving around a fair bit. When CIOs transition from one company to another, it's a great time to look into the future, reflect on the past and consider how the CIO's role is changing.
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Samsung hunts for new CMO following Newton's departure
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 25 May 2017
- Qantas CMO: What it's taking to evolve our customer experience
- How the insights team within NAB is working to unlock customer data
- Report reveals Aussie advertisers are not meeting next-gen customer expectations