Engineers from Telstra, Ericsson and Ciena have demonstrated the ability to encrypt data while in transit between Los Angeles and Melbourne at 100Gbps.
Ciena - News, Features, and Slideshows
Ciena has been in business for 25 years. Not all of them have been easy.
Back in March, the issue was raised whether disaggregation -- decoupling network software from hardware for choice and flexibility -- could play in the enterprise as well as the service provider realm.
Two hardware vendors this week unveiled products to bring commodity switching and virtualization to enterprises through service providers.
SDN start-up Vello Systems this week said it is forming an organization to promote open source and software-defined networking principles to optical enterprise networking.
One gauge of industry progress on the software-defined networking front is the momentum of the Open Networking Foundation (ONF), the user-lead group that is spelling out the core SDN standards and championing the cause.
- Microsoft aims Teams at more frontline workers, retires StaffHub
- Recognising the value of millennials in today’s IT businesses
- Instagram co-founders resign in latest Facebook executive exit
- Researchers say Data61-backed blockchain platform delivers scalability, energy efficiency
- NBN Co rolls out capacity boost for transit network
- Youfoodz brings on first CMO as it sets its sights on global growth
- Specsavers CMO discusses the drivers for the Priceless eyes campaign and media fragmentation
- Adobe, Microsoft and SAP pitch for seamless customer data integration with new initiative
- What Open Colleges did to bolster marketing profitability
- Apple and Salesforce announce strategic partnership