<em>Bill Hilf, Senior Vice President of Product and Service Management for HP Cloud, brings an interesting perspective to his job given his former role as General Manager of Product Management for Windows Azure, Microsoft's cloud platform. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix and Senior Editor Brandon Butler got Hilf on the line for his big picture view of the importance of OpenStack, why HP recently acquired Eucalyptus, the impetus to compete on price, and the various cloud delivery options customers are pursuing.</em>
Brando - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIOs are taking a pragmatic approach to Cloud computing, selectively launching SaaS applications and shifting infrastructure resources to IaaS platforms while building their own private Clouds.
It's Patch Tuesday for Microsoft, but Windows XP users aren't getting any of the security updates. Get used to it, the company says.
For the third time in four weeks, Microsoft has backed away from a customer cutoff by postponing enforcement of the Windows 8.1 Update migration deadline until June 10.
McAfee says it's developing a product it calls "Threat Intelligence Exchange," which it expects to introduce by mid-year as a core means to garner information about cyber-attacks and response for the enterprise.
Microsoft has implored its technically astute customers to help friends and family who are still running Windows XP get rid of the soon-to-be-retired operating system.
- Recognising the value of millennials in today’s IT businesses
- Instagram co-founders resign in latest Facebook executive exit
- Researchers say Data61-backed blockchain platform delivers scalability, energy efficiency
- NBN Co rolls out capacity boost for transit network
- Microsoft launches Office 2019 for Windows, macOS
- Adobe, Microsoft and SAP pitch for seamless customer data integration with new initiative
- What Open Colleges did to bolster marketing profitability
- Apple and Salesforce announce strategic partnership
- Former Virgin Mobile CMO and CEO joins oOh! as first customer chief
- How natural selection AI is generating huge conversion increases for RateCity