IBM was granted the most patents in the US in 2018, the company’s twenty-sixth consecutive year at the top of the ranking.
Big Blue - News, Features, and Slideshows
Garry Kasparov is probably as famous for the thousands of matches he won during his 15 year reign as world chess champion as the one match he lost, in 1997, to IBM’s chess-playing computer Deep Blue.
IBM chief Ginni Rometty has said companies that can’t explain the decisions made by the artificial intelligence in their products should get off the market.
IBM has appointed Professor Iven Mareels as lab director of its Australian IBM Research arm.
IBM could be the next blue-chip company with a rising valuation, according to a report in financial publication Barron's.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election