In the 1990s, average computers ran on megabytes of RAM and processing power under 100MHz, with hundreds of gigabytes of global Internet traffic being generated each day. Nowadays, RAM is in gigabytes and processing power is in the thousands of MHz, with hundreds of terabytes of Internet traffic per second.
- Australia joins NATO cyber defence group, opens “pop-up” embassy in Estonia
- “Shocking” data-breach volumes only hint at the true magnitude of Australia’s data insecurity
- Industry, enterprises look to gamification as sides are drawn in cybersecurity’s infinity war
- FDA issues 'recall' on heart implants for security firmware update
- Microsoft brings Edge's Defender browser protection to Google’s Chrome