Like nearly any transactional system, usable CRM data backups are tricky because the data is always changing and dependent on coherency across several tables. Ideally, you'd fully quiesce the system and do a full backup every day, or enable the online backup. But with modern cloud systems and 7x24 customer access (via portals or mobile apps), you can't take the system down, and cloud vendors like SFDC don't provide a full backup more often than once a week. The situation with audit trails is different: they may reliably capture all the changes, but you may only be allowed to track a limited number of fields (the default in SFDC is 20 per object).
- Emergent Android banking Trojan shows app overlay attacks are still effective
- Firefox’s Mozilla doubles its bug bounty cash rewards
- Australian businesses slower to detect breaches than global peers, but everyone is still taking too long
- Declining PCI DSS compliance a lead indicator of inadequate security practices
- IBM aims at hybrid cloud, enterprise security