There is a lot of discussion in the storage industry in regard to "scale-up" versus "scale-out" architectures for backup and recovery operations. More and more organizations are reducing or eliminating the use of tape by deploying disk-based appliances that use deduplication. But the architectural approach used by the appliance vendor can make a significant difference to the performance, scalability and total cost of the selected solution.
- After Linux DoS alerts, Cisco warns security devices can be remotely attacked too
- Hack mobile point-of-sale systems? Researchers count the ways
- Technology in Government - Cyber threats today and tomorrow
- A prominent place at the table for rural technological advancements
- Two Linux bugs let remote attackers knock out network devices with low-traffic attacks