There is a lot of discussion in the storage industry in regard to "scale-up" versus "scale-out" architectures for backup and recovery operations. More and more organizations are reducing or eliminating the use of tape by deploying disk-based appliances that use deduplication. But the architectural approach used by the appliance vendor can make a significant difference to the performance, scalability and total cost of the selected solution.
- Microsoft's big Windows Defender ATP update: bad macros, fileless malware and faster response
- Singapore's central bank launches S$30 million cybersecurity grant for finance sector
- Huawei security fears - paranoia, blowback, or both?
- UK Facebook internal docs reveal Zuckerberg plans for exploiting user data
- Chrome 71 is out: swats 43 bugs and clamps down on bad ads