The Australian economy is stuck in a rut, with business conditions tumbling to their lowest level in four years despite low interest rates and a falling Australian dollar.
Australian dollar - News, Features, and Slideshows
If Reserve Bank boss Glenn Stevens was trying to make a joke, it wasn't very funny.
Farmers, local tourism operators and manufacturers are getting better news everyday as the Australian dollar falls even further.
The Australian dollar has enjoyed a huge surge on the back of booming mining and resources export prices but that is unlikely to happen again, a leading economist says.
Businesses expect the pain of a high exchange rate to intensify over the coming year, with exporters saying they will respond by slashing their investment spending.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election