Who could forget #censusfail last year? After a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack and concerns over potential loss of data during the 2016 Census, the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ Census site was shut down for days. Once it was eventually restored on 11 August 2016, it was successfully used by millions of Australians to submit their census data.
- APAC’s transformation enthusiasm causing “scary things” to happen with IoT security
- Former NSA chief weighs in on cybersecurity, cyberespionage at ZertoCon
- Malicious subtitles in popular media players could lead to remote compromise
- Be wary of fake WannaCry fixes
- EU chipmakers propose IoT cybersecurity baseline ahead of new regulations