He likes photography and skiing, but the primary concern of Lennart Poettering is advancing the Linux audio experience with PulseAudio, an open source sound server. With this the Linux audio experience will be more context-aware. For example, if a video is running in one application the system should automatically reduce the volume of everything else and increase it when the video is finished. We catch up with Lennart immediately after this year’s Linux Plumbers Conference to find out the latest PulseAudio developments.
- Google Chrome on Android gets ‘site isolation’ shield against Spectre CPU attacks
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus