The fatal accident involving an Uber self-driving car cranks up pressure on the self-driving vehicle industry to prove its software and sensors are safe in the absence of strong government standards, experts in the field said.
Alphabet - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon.com became the second most valuable publicly listed U.S. company on Tuesday, surpassing Google parent Alphabet for the first time.
An Uber self-driving car hit and killed a woman crossing the street in Arizona, police said on Monday, marking the first fatality caused by an autonomous vehicle and a potential blow to the technology expected to transform transportation.
Alphabet's Google and NASA said on Thursday that advanced computer analysis identified two new planets around distant stars, including one that is part of the first star system with as many planets as Earth's solar system.
Soaring shares of Apple Inc, Alphabet Inc and Tencent Holdings Ltd this year have made technology a top global performer, with few signs that investors are worried that rising valuations might be increasing the risk of a downturn.
- DWS acquires Canberra-based Projects Assured in $43M deal
- Enterprise exit as CSG flags further $10M decrease in expected earnings
- Partners ready as public cloud services market hits $117B
- Synnex strengthens finance options through automation
- Bulletproof’s big exit and the double-edged sword of going public
- IBM ends China's 5-year reign atop supercomputer rankings
- How BP drives automation at scale across supply and trading business
- Oracle is changing how it reports cloud revenues — what's it hiding?
- Why mobile satellite is flying high
- US Supreme Court rules warrant required for mobile phone location data