Organisations must trim the layers of governance built up over many years for traditional waterfall tech projects or fall victim to more agile startups, says CommBank’s senior agile coach, Stuart Mitchell.
Agile Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT and digital execs from News Corp, CommBank, and Australia Post discuss why Agile is still very much a work in progress.
Adopting an agile approach to business innovation requires a sense of urgency, commitment to change, organisational vision and an ongoing focus on momentum and support.
Commonwealth Bank (CBA) is watching the use of agile practices at recently acquired subsidiary Bankwest, which helped cut two-thirds out of the project deployment time. Bankwest chief information officer, Andy Weir, spoke about the bank's use of agile practices for a technology project to develop a debt management application at the <Agile Australia</i> conference in Melbourne.
Governance is best defined as the rules for losing and a contract is a shopping list of the punishment to be meted out, according to Lonely Planet IT manager, Nigel Dalton.
The people tasked with developing key customer portals for NBN Co will tap Agile methods honed in their previous roles at Telstra.
Technology projects implemented using the Agile methodology don't necessarily deliver the most value to the business, according to one of Agile's founding fathers, Jim Highsmith.
- Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7's free AV software, Security Essentials
- Mozilla in trouble? 2018 revenue fell 20%, expenses exceed income for first time
- Microsoft’s JEDI contract move: Those are not the cloud providers you’re looking for
- How this broker business cut email use by 30% after Slack rollout
- Microsoft names its next Windows 10 upgrade: '2004'
- Report: More work to be done to build trust digital channels, social media, programmatic
- Business culture index launches in Australia
- GroupM: Ad spending continues to slow; digital giants skew figures
- UBank uses machine learning in new spending tracker
- Salesforce B2B marketing GM: ABM, single source of truth and aligning with sales