The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has put the finishing touches on a new set of rules that provide regulatory safeguards for consumers moving to services delivered over the NBN.
ACMA - News, Features, and Slideshows
ACMA in pictures
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) on Monday unveiled a final set of new rules requiring telecommunications service providers to help their customers move more easily to the NBN.
The Federal Government has announced competition limits for telcos seeking to bid for spectrum in the 3.6 GHz band. It’s a move that pushes the ‘auction of spectrum’ for 5G mobile services one step closer.
The Communications Alliance has judged as "virtually impossible" for teleco providers to be ready to abide by new industry rules when they come into effect.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has proposed regulatory changes which will remove a technical barrier in accessing spectrum for wireless machine-to-machine links that support the Internet of Things.
Carsten Larsen is not the CIO of the organisation he works for, despite the fact that he talks, lives and breathes IT. “I love IT, it’s my passion,” he says.
Trashing a truck-load of old equipment and physically cleaning up rooms may not be indicative of the average IT transformation project, but the Australian Communication and Media Authority (ACMA) took a ground-up approach to modernising its business processes.
As part of our coverage of the CIO Summit 2009, we bring you the whole CIO panel discussion. Topics include the effect the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) is having on CIOs, the role of trust in an organisation and collaboration with the business.
- Melbourne Uni launches quantum simulator and environment QUI
- Chemist Warehouse plans AR guides, IoT sensors for stores
- Government should consider tearing up Telstra cancer contract: Inquiry
- IT talent war driving ‘unsustainable’ wage growth, report says
- Anti-piracy bill takes aim at ‘cyberlockers’, search engines
- Ingram Micro refreshes cloud marketplace, signs two new vendors
- Over the Wire acquires Access Digital Networks and Comlinx
- Huawei former channel boss joins HPE
- Motorola Solutions wins $17.3M number plate scanning deal with Vic Police
- NSW Telco Authority keeps NEC Australia for next phase of CCEP roll out
- So long, JCP: Eclipse has a new Java spec process in mind
- What is a private cloud? (And some things that it's not)
- Google aims Plus at the enterprise as consumer side falters
- Big browsers to pull support plug for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 encryption protocols in early '20
- 3..., 2..., 1? How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy