Five organisations have signed up to the government’s pilot Global Talent Scheme (GTS) program, launched in July in a bid to make it easier for big business and tech start-ups to hire overseas talent for highly skilled roles.
457 - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government’s 457 visa fix will not help the Australian tech industry effectively address the ongoing skills crisis, according to panelists at a recent CIO Australia breakfast event in Melbourne.
The Federal Government has amended its list of approved occupations in its new visa jobs list to include a greater showing within the tech sector.
There are important and significant changes afoot. For CIOs and other tech leaders there’s good news and bad news.
The Federal Government has targeted the IT industry in its campaign to reform 457 visas.
- Microsoft, LiveTiles launch AI bot for airline industry
- Inside Central Nervous System, created by Cisco and AppDynamics
- How Infosys is using AWS to bring AI to the Australian Open
- Cirrus sees revenue increase by 49 per cent in first half
- Cisco releases 20 security updates impacting SD-WAN, Webex and more