The government’s 457 visa fix will not help the Australian tech industry effectively address the ongoing skills crisis, according to panelists at a recent CIO Australia breakfast event in Melbourne.
457 visa - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government to pilot visa scheme to make it easier for big business and tech start-ups to hire overseas talent for highly skilled roles.
Fierce competition for talented technology professionals means firms are changing their recruitment practices, says specialist recruiting group Hays.
Australian businesses need employees with coding skills yesterday. Every sector is searching for suitable candidates and the traditional pipelines are running dry.
The IT Professionals Association (ITPA) claims local tech firms are abusing the 457 visa system by hiring international staff for entry level IT support positions rather than local graduates.
- Microsoft, LiveTiles launch AI bot for airline industry
- Inside Central Nervous System, created by Cisco and AppDynamics
- How Infosys is using AWS to bring AI to the Australian Open
- Cirrus sees revenue increase by 49 per cent in first half
- Cisco releases 20 security updates impacting SD-WAN, Webex and more