Wireless attacks are unpredictable and complicated. Here’s an easy way to block everything.
Security / Opinions
A lot of Android virus and malware stories are hooey. Skygofree is a prime example.
Who are you? And who decides you’re really you and can be trusted? The answer, and the systems involved, differ in the real world and online. But blockchain technology could make establishing identity and trust much easier for everyone. Here’s how.
The Equifax breach is the latest example of attackers targeting open-source software in the enterprise.
The courtroom tactic should at least slow Fancy Bear down.
We’re reliving the Visual Basic-spawned bad times of 1999.
It solves a big problem with biometric authentication and opens up some intriguing possibilities.
Organizations can take steps to better protect themselves from future disruptions from ransomware.
A widespread ransomware attack propagating as a worm was a legitimate cause of alarm.
Governments, vendors and user companies all can do more.
Last week’s big malware outbreak caused a lot of damage, but organizations that made good decisions ahead of time weren’t affected.
The general lack of such policies is a major security hole.
One problem with what we tell employees about taking security precautions is that the precautions interfere with their jobs.
The transition from on-premises to cloud-based email is an opportunity to tighten security controls.
Why the privacy critics are dead wrong about Amazon's new A.I. bedroom camera.
As policies designed for consumers emerge, the example from AIG is surprisingly comprehensive.
Hackers, tech companies and governments want our personal information. Only lies can save us now.
Many experts say that people are more important than process in the IT security world. That is politically correct, as opposed to actually correct.
Brazilian bank was an easy target after its DNS provider was compromised.
They’re an example of big tech companies’ failure to take security seriously.
Two-city breakfast event dishes details on challenges and opportunities
- New copyright rules needed for AI era argue Google, Microsoft
- NSW government strikes deals with Microsoft, Salesforce
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites
- Delaware to test blockchain-based business filing system
- Report: Australians ‘lack understanding’ of how apps use their data
- Freeview recruits Foxtel marketer as new head of marketing
- UPDATED: Salesforce ups the Marketing Cloud ante with Datorama acquisition
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan