A year into an investigation into the use of data analytics in political campaigns, the U.K.’s privacy watchdog is hitting companies that shared data with political parties with sanctions including a criminal prosecution and a US$660,000 fine.
Security / News
More than nine in ten Australians surveyed for Gemalto’s Data Security Confidence Index say organisations should be encrypting the data they hold, although fewer than one in 10 say they have a complete understanding of what encryption does.
New consumer research indicates is not just technologists and ethicists with concerns about deceptive bots.
Sydney Airport is in the first stages of trialing ‘couch to gate’ facial recognition technology in conjunction with carrier, Qantas.
A mobile app for pancreatic cancer patients, a data exchange to help beat diabetes, an online health education platform and a secure messaging solution to communicate between aged care homes and GPs are among 15 projects being given early access to existing My Health Records in a government backed ‘test beds’ program.
Ticketmaster has issued a warning to Australian customers following a data breach in the UK, despite only impacting less than five per cent of customers globally.
Chinese telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies is the biggest corporate sponsor of overseas travel for Australian politicians.
"The arrogance and that sanctimony. I just thought – how can you?”
Corporate Australia is in a bind of enveloped misconception, and it may be the lawyers who win the day.
Last year, AMP’s cyber team took a “fairly audacious target” to the board: bring down the number of cyber security vulnerabilities across the company by ten to 15 per cent every month.
Sophos is emphasizing on its security solutions across network and end point through its ‘synchronized security’ offering for modern companies. With channel ecosystem undergoing a massive change in the digital era, ChannelWorld spoke at length with Adel Eid, Channel Sales Director, Asia Pacific and Japan, Sophos on his India visit.
Australian software as a service provider PageUp has released details of a possible data breach that took place late last month.
Despite undertaking measures to improve data security and privacy, 38 per cent of global organisations responding to a survey say they are still not compliant with the new general data protection regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Governments need to treat cybersecurity like “a core national and economic security concern and not a boutique technical issue,” global cyber expert Chris Painter said in a report released today.
Cisco has warned that hackers have infected at least 500,000 routers and storage devices in dozens of countries with sophisticated malicious software.
The Australian Cyber Security Research Centre (CSRC) has named information security consultant and former Telstra general manager of cyber influence, Rachael Falk, as its new CEO.
Google Australia's managing director Jason Pellegrino has emphasised the importance of consumer trust in the company, saying that without it "our business doesn't exist".
The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) will establish its own cyber security operations centre, with $9 million earmarked for the centre in tonight's Budget.
Facebook has reported first quarter revenue of $11.96 billion, up 49 per cent from last year despite the fallout from a scandal that saw data from 87 million of its users shared with Cambridge Analytica.
Facebook’s controversial revenge porn prevention pilot has still not launched close to six months after it was announced.
BPM software streamlines the backend workings of an organisation to create better employee experiences, laying a foundation for smarter, more responsive customer interactions.
- Enterprise PC-buying spree spurs first shipment climb in six years
- Ericsson, Telstra and Intel clock another 5G first
- Cisco shares dive after reports of AWS networking kit move
- People trying to opt-out of My Health Record find they already have one
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Inside EY: invest, build or partner?
- Last chance to submit your views on the state of the A/NZ channel
- Venture capital investment in Aussie start-ups surpasses $630M
- ASG secures $11M “digital-first” deal with National Audit Office
- iQ3 partners with Vocus to boost cloud capabilities of distribution giant
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan
- Budget Direct CMO: Experiment with voice assistants now or miss the next customer engagement wave
- Latest Hays jobs report show widespread gaps in marketing and digital skills
- Why we need to look inside the black box of AI