Ticketmaster has issued a warning to Australian customers following a data breach in the UK, despite only impacting less than five per cent of customers globally.
Infrastructure / News
Corporate Australia is in a bind of enveloped misconception, and it may be the lawyers who win the day.
Australian software as a service provider PageUp has released details of a possible data breach that took place late last month.
Despite undertaking measures to improve data security and privacy, 38 per cent of global organisations responding to a survey say they are still not compliant with the new general data protection regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Governments need to treat cybersecurity like “a core national and economic security concern and not a boutique technical issue,” global cyber expert Chris Painter said in a report released today.
The Australian Cyber Security Research Centre (CSRC) has named information security consultant and former Telstra general manager of cyber influence, Rachael Falk, as its new CEO.
Facebook has reported first quarter revenue of $11.96 billion, up 49 per cent from last year despite the fallout from a scandal that saw data from 87 million of its users shared with Cambridge Analytica.
The Senate has called on the government to back the use of strong encryption technologies and resist attempts to weaken them.
Orbitz, a subsidiary of online travel agency Expedia said on Tuesday that hackers may have accessed personal information from about 880,000 payment cards.
Tech chiefs need to focus on “internal collaboration” and treat the potential for a cyber security attack as a strategic business risk rather than an IT or information security one, says cyber specialist Sarah Stephens.
There were a record number of cases of unlicensed software settled in 2017, a figure that doubled from the previous year, the BSA said on Thursday.
Cyber security inertia has gripped Australian organisations with 46 per cent of IT security professionals admitting they rarely change their security strategy, even in the wake of a cyber attack.
Australia’s Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme is in effect and the next few months are set to test the validity of some “apocalyptic” predictions of late.
Cybercriminals continue to ‘follow the money’ as they refine and target attacks against businesses for greater financial return, with extortion attempts likely on the rise, according to a new global report by Trend Micro.
Hackers fleeced more than $2.3 billion from Australian consumers last year with more than six million people falling victim to cybercrime.
The NSW government said on Monday that it will offer subsidised training in cyber security for the first time to address a critical shortage in skills in this area.
Lebanon's intelligence service may have turned the smartphones of thousands of targeted individuals into cyber-spying machines in one of the first known examples of large-scale state hacking of phones rather than computers, researchers say.
Canadian software maker BlackBerry Ltd on Monday launched a new cybersecurity software, which identifies vulnerabilities in programs used in self-driving cars.
Summer has had an unprecedented start this year, with thunderstorms, flooding and heavy rain hitting Australia’s east coast, and meteorologists reporting that the worst isn’t over yet.
Kaspersky Lab said its security software had taken source code for a secret American hacking tool from a personal computer in the United States.
Two-city breakfast event dishes details on challenges and opportunities
- Enterprise PC-buying spree spurs first shipment climb in six years
- Ericsson, Telstra and Intel clock another 5G first
- Cisco shares dive after reports of AWS networking kit move
- People trying to opt-out of My Health Record find they already have one
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Inside EY: invest, build or partner?
- Last chance to submit your views on the state of the A/NZ channel
- Venture capital investment in Aussie start-ups surpasses $630M
- ASG secures $11M “digital-first” deal with National Audit Office
- iQ3 partners with Vocus to boost cloud capabilities of distribution giant
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan
- Budget Direct CMO: Experiment with voice assistants now or miss the next customer engagement wave
- Latest Hays jobs report show widespread gaps in marketing and digital skills
- Why we need to look inside the black box of AI