- For governments, securing mobility still requires that “something extra”
- US warns everyone to use two-factor to counter rising Iranian ‘wiper’ malware threats
- The week in security: Rethinking security in an age of cyber insecurity
- What if the Internet never existed?
- Oracle releases emergency patch or WebLogic, exploits in the wild
News, Features, and Interviews
Barry White thrives in the ‘as a service’ economy, providing technology and business advice to a range of organisations.
Millions of users may be denied access to your services – and that’s not fair to you or to them.
Martha Heller showcases what it takes to create an IT investment culture.
At the recent CIO100 breakfast in Auckland, Air New Zealand’s first chief digital officer talks about customer experience, finding 10X talent and predicting the future.
“The single biggest, the flagship Bank of New Zealand store is not on Queen Street. It is the website,” says the bank’s head of digital.
Plunket’s first CIO - and now Chief Operating Officer - seriously considered becoming a midwife after the birth of her first child.
The role allows him to work across all facets of ICT and business units, as well as mentor the next generation of ICT professionals.
Westpac chief digital officer Melissa Macfarlane talks about how the bank is acting like a startup, working with the CIO, and preparing for the workplace of the future.
Previously, security was about having gates, but under the agile method we use guardrails so our developers stay on the road, rather than having to stop at a gate, writes Aaron McKeown of Xero.
Machine learning, multi-structured data, storage in the cloud and the ethics around big data are just some of the themes tackled in this CIO roundtable discussion sponsored by IBM and Ingram Micro. (Photos by Jason Creaghan)
- Slack or Teams? Many businesses opt for both
- EY teams up with Wire to enable end-to-end encrypted messaging with clients
- How Google Cloud and Stella McCartney aim to make fashion more sustainable
- Cisco connects with IBM to simplify hybrid cloud deployment
- Google asks Chrome users for help in spotting deceptive sites
- ELB makes marketing appointments as part of expansion plans
- Gartner VP: Why CMOs and CIOs must band together to make CX a discipline
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman launches new logo, website in milestone re-branding exercise
- Nine's former digital chief to lead CarAdvice
- How TAL is continuously improving marketing communications