As one of Melbourne’s three state-owned water retailers, South East Water provides water, sewerage services and recycled water services to about 1.4 million customers in the Melbourne’s South Bank through to the Mornington Peninsula and Gippsland. The company has about $2 billion of assets in the ground and about 800 information workers. Given the distributed nature of the organisation, it’s not surprising that having flexible, robust communication systems is vital. Add its busy, industry-recognised contact centres into the mix and it quickly became clear to CIO, Marcus Darbyshire, that the company required an innovative approach to its communications technology that would provide a platform for the future.
- Google Chrome on Android gets ‘site isolation’ shield against Spectre CPU attacks
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus