- FDA issues worldwide 'recall' on heart implants for security firmware update
- Microsoft brings Edge's Defender browser protection to Google’s Chrome
- Lack of security skills has become a drag on Australia’s digital transformation
- As Australia condemns Russian cyber attacks, experts demand clarity on offensive capabilities
- Microsoft rallies industry to counter government cyberattacks
News, Features, and Interviews
In the digital era, business executives are becoming more involved in acquiring corporate technologies. But the CIO still largely has the final say for most technology purchasing decisions.
Digital transformation tales - optimising service delivery, capitalising on company data and engaging with security
People now use the likes of AirBnB, Uber and Amazon as benchmarks for service and innovation - so how can organisations meet this shift in customer expectations? Two speakers at a CIO leaders’ luncheon share pointers.
Should you pay up and if you do, what’s next? Lawyer Michael Wigley weighs in on the issue.
So the rumours are out, Twitter is up for sale – and I see it with a wary eye, my most used social network may change owners… time to muse about it.
How your company may be impacted by the recent English High Court ruling that software is 'goods'.
Simon Kennedy of The Warehouse Group talks about being an academic advisor, mentor and advocate for retail as a career.
Orion Health’s CEO says our ICT sector wants to help deliver in secondary schools, but the Ministry of Education needs to join the party.
The democratisation of IT decision-making within enterprises, and the growing influence of vendors, means that CIOs no longer 'win by default'. Instead, they must convince other members of their organisation of their value.
How ICT executives can apply their lessons learned in leading digital transformation programmes, to their respective roles.
Through serendipity, all of Simon Kennedy’s career has been in retail - from selling sausages in London, through to global management consultant roles and now CIO.
Key performance indicators play an indispensable role in project management and aid in measuring the success or failure of project activities. Understanding KPIs and selecting the ones that are best-suited to measuring a specific project team’s performance is not always easy.
- Nginx sees significant microservices adoption in Australia
- Adelaide firm helps CAVs find their way in urban canyons
- Victorian govt seeks tougher rules for national face recognition system
- Psykinetic launches 'world's fastest' eye-gaze keyboard, music-maker and app store
- Inside Facebook's plan to limit the impact of GDPR protections