- For governments, securing mobility still requires that “something extra”
- US warns everyone to use two-factor to counter rising Iranian ‘wiper’ malware threats
- The week in security: Rethinking security in an age of cyber insecurity
- What if the Internet never existed?
- Oracle releases emergency patch or WebLogic, exploits in the wild
News, Features, and Interviews
After much speculation, Facebook has officially revealed it will venture into the crypto and blockchain world, launching a cryptocurrency called Libra next year.
The Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) is seeking an experienced chief information officer for a newly created position within the Office of the Director-General.
CIO Australia has officially opened its fourth annual CIO50 list, where the country’s top 50 most effective and strategic technology and digital chiefs will be recognised for delivering rapid change across their organisations.
Over three years into the role and Quantium IT director, Craig Taylor, says he hasn’t got comfortable - and that’s a good thing considering the state of flux and constant change in the IT industry. In particular, the data science and AI realm that Taylor lives and breathes.
Hunter Water is set to use the power of IoT technology mixed with advanced analytics in a bid to protect the integrity of the water infrastructure.
With the rise of the front-line worker and distributed workplaces, many organisations are seeing the benefits of providing a cloud-ready environment. No doubt, employees expect access to information and services without the barriers of legacy tools. Certainly, cloud enabled employees have come to expect insights, speed and collaboration as part of their everyday. Therefore, many CIOs are starting to recognise the ‘power of cloud enablement’ of the front-line worker in order to provide greater collaboration and engagement, process efficiencies, and insights for better decision-making. A group of CIOs and tech leaders joined CIO Australia and Google for an exclusive roundtable luncheon that discussed how companies can embrace the move to a cloud-enabled workforce - and not leave behind a large and most influential workforce.
In what will be the largest acquisition in Salesforce history, “the move is not a big surprise,” according to Forrester VP and principal analyst Liz Herbert, speaking about the US $15.7 billion acquisition of analytics platform vendor Tableau.
Latitude Financial Services’ CIO Julie Bale has been named EnergyAustralia CIO, replacing Anne Weatherston who'd been in the role since 2015.
Tennis Australia has appointed its first-ever CTO, naming Bunnings product and tech division head, Ben Fitzgerald, to the newly created role.
Judo Bank co-founder and CIO, Alex Twigg, will tell you he doesn’t do digital transformation - instead he does digital.
- Slack or Teams? Many businesses opt for both
- EY teams up with Wire to enable end-to-end encrypted messaging with clients
- How Google Cloud and Stella McCartney aim to make fashion more sustainable
- Cisco connects with IBM to simplify hybrid cloud deployment
- Google asks Chrome users for help in spotting deceptive sites
- ELB makes marketing appointments as part of expansion plans
- Gartner VP: Why CMOs and CIOs must band together to make CX a discipline
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman launches new logo, website in milestone re-branding exercise
- Nine's former digital chief to lead CarAdvice
- How TAL is continuously improving marketing communications