- Windows Defender anti-malware glitch breaks file scanning on Windows 10, Windows 7
- GitHub acquires Semmle to speed up bug hunting in open source projects
- Misconfigured WS-Discovery in devices enable massive DDoS amplification
- Secrets of latest Smominru botnet variant revealed in new attack
- Australians know the least – and care the least – about how their personal data is used
- 16 August 2019 15:38
Motorola Solutions appoints new business leader for Australia and New Zealand
MELBOURNE, Australia – August 16, 2019 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today appointed Con Balaskas as its new Managing Director for Australia and New Zealand.
Balaskas replaces Steve Crutchfield who will remain with Motorola Solutions in an expanded government and public safety leadership role serving the Asia Pacific region.
In a distinguished 20-year career with Motorola Solutions, Balaskas has held multiple senior positions and played a pivotal role in the growth and expansion of the company’s managed services business.
“Con has led some of Motorola Solutions’ largest and most complex projects including the planning and delivery of our significant public safety programs in Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia,” Crutchfield said.
“His strong relationships with Motorola Solutions’ customers and team members throughout Australia and New Zealand will serve him well in his new role.”
Balaskas also chairs Motorola Solutions’ Inclusion and Diversity Council which continues to make the company a better, fairer and more inclusive to work. Earlier this year the company earned its first certification as an Employer of Choice from Australia’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
Effective immediately, Balaskas will lead Motorola Solutions’ Australia and New Zealand Senior Leadership Team while continuing to lead the company’s Solutions team.
Balaskas described Australia and New Zealand as technologically mature markets and early adopters of advanced innovations.
“Public safety and enterprise organisations in this region are committed to innovation and open to exploring new solutions and ideas.
“I’m looking forward to continuing our strong partnerships with local customers and channel partners to co-develop highly advanced voice, video and software solutions,” Balaskas said.
About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a global leader in mission-critical communications. Our technology platforms in communications, command centre software, video security solutions and managed and support services make cities safer and help communities and businesses thrive. At Motorola Solutions, we are ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Learn more at www.motorolasolutions.com.
- Huawei expects to see revenue uplift from 5G roll-out next year
- NBN enabled for traffic signals, ATMs and other specialised IoT devices
- Federal government to stage inquiry into 5G
- ‘Every customer is talking about multi-cloud’: Google Cloud APAC channel chief
- Paessler announces subscription licence for large-scale device monitoring
- Marketers: Take a seat at the big table and drive the narrative
- TEG Insights launches new data insights business Doppler
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 19 September 2019
- GroupM economist: Ignore martech and adtech at your peril
- Nestle sustainability chatbot research project wins industry award