- Giving “toxic” data back to consumers will make CDR a boon for business: expert
- Cisco warns to patch small business 220 series switches after exploit code published
- Cisco: 6 critical security alarms for UCS software, small-biz routers
- Microsoft’s Chromium Edge beta emerges along with a new $30k top prize bounty
- Week in security: Are cybercriminals getting ready to storm the BlueKeep?
- 14 November 2017 09:40
Talend Acquires Restlet, a Leader in Cloud-Based API Design and Testing
Talend (NASDAQ: TLND), a global leader in cloud and big data integration solutions, has announced its acquisition of all outstanding shares of Restlet SAS, a cloud-based API design and testing platform. Restlet uses the cloud to provide powerful API design, documentation, testing and hosting capabilities to developers. Restlet’s technology will complement Talend Data Fabric’s (https://www.talend.com/products/data-fabric/) existing ability to integrate, transform, govern and share enterprise data by making it easier for customers to take an API-first design approach to monetising and securely sharing information in real-time with clients and business partners.
“We see several of our customers investing in building cloud data lakes, but there aren’t many solutions that can help transform and share data in the lake with external applications,” said Ciaran Dynes, SVP, Products, Talend. “Current API solutions tend to focus exclusively on app-to-app connectivity versus the transforming, governing and sharing data. The addition of Restlet will extend our data integration platform with API capabilities so customers can share data more pervasively and optimise performance across their entire value chain.”
Gartner research states, “The requirement of digital business for converging application and data integration is forcing organisations to develop more flexible and coherently intertwined integration approaches.” (1). Digital business transformation is forcing organisations to increasingly share data not only across business divisions, but beyond the walls of their organisation. Additionally, in today’s age of increased data regulations and security breaches, companies need more comprehensive solutions for sharing data and applications in a secure and governed way.
In addition to helping streamline data sharing, Restlet’s API technology lends itself to creating new opportunities for Talend customers to monetise their data. For example, farmers or fertiliser manufacturers that collect agricultural data can sell that information to commodities traders who would use it to inform investment decisions. Talend believes that increasing data volumes and the use of data lakes will help fuel interest in data monetisation across a range of industries.
The Restlet API platform will initially be deployed as part of Talend Integration Cloud. The combined solution will also include new support for open source projects such as Swagger and RAML. The combined solution will be compatible with third-party API gateways, such as Google Apigee. Later, more of Restlet’s capabilities will be incorporated into the broader Talend DataFabric integration platform.
“A growing number of integration projects follow an API-First strategy, starting from the consumer needs back to the assets available in the data lake rather than the other way around,” said Jérôme Louvel, Founder, Board member and former CTO of Restlet. “APIs and Data are two sides of the same coin in integration initiatives. We’re very excited to join Talend in delivering an open source-based and visual solution to empower a new level of data sharing within and outside an organisation.”
Jérôme Louvel is joining Talend along with the 16-member team based in Nantes, France. For additional insights on the benefits the Restlet acquisition will bring to Talend customers, read this blog: https://www.talend.com/blog/2017/11/09/tackling-the-api-driven-future-with-restlet-and-talend.
Further information on Talend and its complete portfolio of cloud and big data integration solutions can be found at: www.talend.com. For more details on Restlet’s comprehensive API cloud platform and open source API framework for the Java platform, visit: https://restlet.com
Talend (NASDAQ: TLND) is a next-generation leader in cloud and big data integration software that helps companies turn data into a strategic asset that delivers real-time, organisation-wide insight into customers, partners, and operations. Through its open, native, and unified integration platform, Talend delivers the data agility required for companies to meet the constantly evolving demands of modern business. With Talend, companies can easily scale their data infrastructure and rapidly adopt the latest technology innovations in cloud and big data. Talend’s solutions support over 1500 global enterprise customers including Air France, GE, and Lenovo, across a range of industries. Talend has also been recognised as a leader in its field multiple times by leading analyst firms, as well as several industry and data trade publications including InfoWorld and SD Times. For more information, please visit: www.talend.com and follow us on Twitter: @Talend
(1) Gartner, Inc. “Converging Data and Application Integration: A Step Toward Pervasive Integration Using a Hybrid Integration Platform,” Eric Thoo, Keith Guttridge, Elizabeth Golluscio, 18 August 2017.
- Microsoft provides group policies for enterprise control of 'full-Chromium' Edge updates
- VMware spends $4.2B to grab Pivotal, Carbon Black to secure, develop integrated cloud world
- Ruffle project hopes to resurrect Flash Player
- Ruby on Rails 6.0 adds rich text capabilities
- Microsoft promotes 'full-Chromium' Edge to Beta, touts enterprise skillset
- Warburton promoted to chief customer and marketing officer at Audi Australia
- Isentia reports another loss
- Monash University on its personalisation journey and evolving approach to campaigns
- Forescout appoints chief customer officer, promotes CMO
- Qantas highlights increased engagement as loyalty program returns stronger earnings