- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud
- Synchronized security is the right arsenal for modern CSOs: Sophos exec
- Study finds shoddy kids' smartwatch security give parents anything but peace of mind
- Google launches key-locked Gmail for targeted users
- 3 September 2013 09:19
Mint Wireless launches a simplified mobile payments platform
3 September 2013: Mint Wireless (ASX:MNW) (“Mint Wireless”) today announced the launch of a complete mobile payments platform which simplifies the integration of card payments across multiple mobile devices and platforms for developers, small businesses and large corporations.
The Mint Wireless platform empowers the fast growing mobile solutions ecosystem with a powerful mobile payments platform that takes the complexity out of integrating mobile payments into mobile solutions.
As a modular, scalable and PCI-compliant bank grade platform, Mint Wireless will offer a more competitive pricing structure, reduce initial setup and hardware costs associated with accepting card payments. Mint Wireless’ mobile payments platform will reduce the barriers for entry into a highly regulated card payments market in Australia and New Zealand by making accepting card payments accessible and affordable to businesses of any size – from micro traders to large enterprises.
The Mint Wireless platform powers three main card payment products - the Mint Developers Program, Mint Custom Solutions and Mint mPos.
• Mintegrate, Mint Developers Program: Mint Wireless offers free software developer kits (SDKs) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for third party integration partners and developers for Windows, iOS, and Android. This program offers a modular, scalable, secure and competitive priced program that allows partners and developers to integrate card payments on mobile devices and apps. Mint Wireless will offer developers the added incentive of a commission from each transaction their solution facilitates.
• Minterprise, Mint Custom Solutions: Building on its heritage delivering mobile payment solutions to companies such as easyJet, Cadbury Schweppes and Amalgamated Pest Control, Mint Wireless offers a flexible and highly customisable corporate payments solution for banks, telcos, airlines, manufacturers, retailers and ERP software companies. Working with Mint Wireless, businesses can offer payment solutions on mobile devices. Companies can choose everything from a white label solution for speed to market all the way to a fully branded and customised deep integration into existing solutions.
• Mint mPOS: Mint mPOS (mobile Point-of-Sale) is Australia’s first card-present payment solution for iOS and Android devices. Mint mPOS is an affordable solution that includes a small hardware device that allows anybody to take card payments through smartphones and tablets. Mint mPOS is easy to setup, offers a simple pricing structure as well as the most secure way for payments to be processed anywhere, anytime.
Alex Teoh, Chief Executive Officer at Mint Wireless said, “Mint Wireless offers businesses a simpler way to accept payments on mobile devices, revenue opportunities to partners and developers and highly customisable solutions to businesses through a bank grade, PCI-compliant solution.”
“We have simplified the pricing structure for any mobile or retail business who accept card payments. Mint Wireless reduces the complexity associated with card payments and makes it easy for other companies to integrate their existing payment systems and handle transactions securely,” Mr Teoh said.
Mint Wireless has simplified the process of getting customers setup to accept card payments with an option to obtain a merchant account with Bendigo Bank, Mint Wireless’ merchant acquiring partner. Enterprise customers have the added option of using their own bank besides Bendigo Bank as their acquirer for Mint Custom Solutions.
Mint Wireless’ fully customisable white-label solution will drastically reduce the time-to-market for corporates with mobile payment options that are affordable, faster to deploy and fully supported. “This lets companies rollout lower cost and better mobile payment services through Mint Wireless while retaining your company’s branding,” Mr Teoh said.
Minterprise is immediately available with Mintegrate and Mint mPOS expected to be available in Australia and New Zealand in October 2013.
According to the Annapolis Consulting Group, the number of companies using mPOS devices globally will grow by 225 percent from eight million businesses in 2013 to 18 million by 2017. Mint Wireless estimates the estimated value of mPOS transactions in Australia will reach US$7 billion in 2014 with the potential to grow to US$20 billion in 2016.
About Mint Wireless Limited
Mint Wireless Limited is a global mobile payments and transactions processing company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: MNW). Mint Wireless has a mobile payments technology platform that enables corporate enterprises to accept credit and debit card payments on various mobile phones, tablets and mobile devices. The Company has invested and built bank grade payments technology and infrastructure that has allowed it to become a multi-channel and multi-national payments organisation. Mint Wireless is headquartered in Sydney, Australia with offices and operations in London and Singapore. Mint Wireless has won many hardware and software awards including Microsoft and IBM’s Consensus Awards in 2008. In 2009, Mint Wireless was recognised as one of Australia’s best performing small-to-medium companies, ranking 4th in the BRW Fast 100 awards, and ranking 5th in the SmartCompany.com.au Smart 50 awards.
For further information, please contact:
Gabriel Wong / Luisa Regattieri
Espresso Communications for Mint Wireless
Phone: +61 2 8016 2200
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Or visit our corporate website on
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.