- Christmas rush brings great deals to online shoppers – and new risks for their employers
- Dell, Lenovo, HP will patch hundreds of devices affected by Intel's buggy embedded CPU
- As unencrypted data becomes “negligence”, business leaders are taking encryption strategy away from IT
- Uber, ABC cloud data breaches put Australian companies on notice about cloud security
- Fake Symantec blog spreads macOS malware
- 27 February 2013 17:14
HID Global Unveils Turnkey ActivID Appliance Solution for Strong and Versatile Authentication
SAN FRANCISCO, February 27, 2013 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced its new ActivID® Appliance solution for strong authentication. Enabling organizations to protect corporate data against unauthorized access, ActivID Appliance is an essential component to ensure enterprise data security across numerous industries including banking, government and healthcare. Targeted at medium to large organizations, the versatile appliance is interoperable with the widest range of authentication methods to ensure an organization’s employees, consultants, partners, and customers have secure and appropriate access to corporate data and online applications.
ActivID Appliance, formerly 4TRESS™ Authentication Appliance, is a full SAML v2 compliant identity provider, available as both a hardware appliance and a virtual appliance. Providing comprehensive multi-layered and versatile strong authentication, including ActivID Threat Detection Service, it gives enterprises the ability to secure a mobile workforce, enabling the use of personal and corporate mobile phones for two factor authentication.
“HID Global works closely with customers in every industry, from banking and government to healthcare and the enterprise, and their feedback is consistent across the board – they need a reliable and secure way to validate user identity that does not add unnecessary complexity to their existing environments,” said Yves Massard, director of product management, Identity Assurance with HID Global. “We developed the ActivID Appliance based on this input to improve the ease of deployment and management, while ensuring the highest level of security for end-users accessing data over the public Internet using all types of devices.”
New ActivID Appliance Features: • Simpler and improved high-availability with automatic recovery after network failure. • Customizable and customizable self-service portal allows users to establish and maintain their own credentials or tokens without IT admin support. • Control over which soft token platform is used in a particular environment (e.g. a user can decide to enable iOS®, Windows® and Blackberry® but disable usage from Android and J2ME phones). • Version control for any and all soft tokens, providing customers with additional options for risk mitigation. • Multiple security domains, allowing segregated management of different groups (e.g. employees and customers). • SNMP v3 monitoring. • Premium hardware support option with advance replacement and on-site warranty replacement.
Availability HID Global’s ActivID Appliance is available immediately through channel partners. Click here for more information. Stay Connected with HID Global Visit our Media Center, read our Industry Blog, subscribe to our RSS Feed and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. About HID Global Identity Assurance Solutions HID Global Identity Assurance solutions enable customers to prove and establish trust in a person’s identity when accessing resources on the network. The business’s strong authentication and smart card solutions are relied upon by more agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense, than any other provider, and has issued more than 100 million credentials to enterprise, government and commerce customers. About HID Global HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. Primary brands are ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
®HID and the HID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global Corp in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tesla’s very big battery in South Australia is ready for testing
- Optus, Cisco pump millions into cyber security research centre
- Seniors to trial driverless shuttles at IRT Group aged care communities
- ANZ deploys Azure Stack to keep processing in-house
- SAP investigating its sales practices in Gulf region
- How CRM and marketing automation have delivered $5m in revenue to this ASX-listed company
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 23 November 2017
- MLA confirms new marketer to replace Howie
- Report: Australian content marketers heavily focused on building audiences
- New code of practice launched to protect consumer data