- Microsoft's $25k AI challenge: predict which Windows PCs will be infected with malware
- The evolving threat landscape – What to look out for in 2019
- Supermicro third-party motherboard audit finds no spy chips
- Google+ leak affects 52 million users and G Suite users
- Microsoft's big Windows Defender ATP update: bad macros, fileless malware and faster response
- 18 July 2012 10:03
Aptira Selects Piston Cloud to Power Hosted Private Clouds Built on OpenStack™
SYDNEY, July 18, 2012 – Aptira, a provider of managed hosting, public cloud infrastructure and enterprise private cloud solutions, has selected Piston Cloud Computing's Piston Enterprise OpenStack™ to bring an easy, secure and open private cloud operating system to its Australian, New Zealand (A/NZ) and Indian enterprise customers. Aptira is Piston Cloud’s sole A/NZ and Indian partner, and selected Piston Enterprise OpenStack because it is the only streamlined cloud platform that can be installed in 10 minutes and can reduce cloud operating costs by more than 30 per cent1.
Customers will have the choice of an on-premises model, or be provided with a hosted data centre, infrastructure management, and server and network equipment powered by Piston Enterprise OpenStack software. By deploying Piston Enterprise OpenStack, Aptira’s customers will be able to easily build and manage their private cloud without requiring a large capital outlay.
“Imagine being able to configure a private cloud in minutes for significantly less money than it currently costs. That is what Piston Cloud Enterprise OpenStack does,” said Tristan Goode, Chief Executive Officer of Aptira. “Piston Enterprise OpenStack has been called the ‘boot disk’ for the private cloud. Not only does this deal let us bring the same technology that was pioneered by NASA’s cloud architects to A/NZ and India, it allows us to combine this breakthrough with our Herculean commitment to customer support which will mean worry-free implementation and management.”
Piston Enterprise OpenStack is the first cloud operating system built on OpenStack, a ubiquitous open source cloud computing platform for private and public clouds that is quickly being adopted globally, because it allows organisations to avoid being locked-in to a particular provider and offers a flexible and evolvable cloud infrastructure. Piston Enterprise OpenStack is the first OpenStack distribution specifically focused on security and the easy operation of enterprise private clouds. Piston Cloud's innovative Null-Tier Architecture™ combines storage, compute and networking on every node to deliver massive scalability with unprecedented cost efficiency. In addition, Piston Enterprise OpenStack is hardware vendor agnostic, ensuring customers aren’t locked into one proprietary architecture or cloud provider.
"We are really pleased to partner with Aptira in A/NZ and India because we know that the team understands this technology from the inside-out and the best way to support those markets," said Joshua McKenty, CEO and co-founder of Piston Cloud.
Piston Enterprise OpenStack is built to be easy, secure and open:
• One administrator can plug a Piston CloudKey™ into their top-of-rack switch, turn it on and have a fully-operational OpenStack cloud environment up and running in less than 10 minutes.
• Piston Enterprise OpenStack automatically detects new hardware and installs itself onto each server allowing users to scale out more quickly.
• Hands-free installation prevents employee interaction with unsecured servers and eliminates the risk of tampering during installation and configuration.
• A custom-built Linux distribution limits an organisation’s security exposure while delivering enterprise grade performance.
• Piston Enterprise OpenStack includes the first implementation of the CloudAudit framework for OpenStack, so that building custom reporting is as easy as clicking a button.
• Rigorously tested and validated security updates are automatically downloaded and can be installed across an entire cloud with a single click, and without any downtime.
• Open source software allows users to live outside of the whims of another company and as IT races forward, infrastructure is ready for what’s to come.
• Piston Enterprise OpenStack is compatible with all other OpenStack clouds, making it possible to burst or migrate data and applications when needed.
• Compatibility with a wide range of commodity hardware so users can avoid placing demand on cloud hosting infrastructure.
Pricing and availability
Piston Enterprise OpenStack is available at aptira.com. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 APTIRA.
 Compared to a leading virtualisation vendor, Piston Enterprise OpenStack compares favourably. Based on a typical five node system each with dual CPU and ideal memory configurations, Piston Enterprise OpenStack can cost less than a third of the usual licensing you have come to expect. When you start adding block and object storage, which is included standard with any Piston Enterprise OpenStack installation across every node, it negates the need for external storage components such as a SAN and NAS, even further lowering your CAPEX and OPEX investment. The best thing is the savings just keep increasing as you scale up.
Aptira is a leading provider of managed hosted services, public cloud infrastructure and enterprise private cloud solutions. Aptira is a technology consultancy that delivers high-level solutions to meet the most demanding of IT needs. The company, known for its cost-effective, agile and highly responsive service, works with a wide range of organisations in finance, retail, utilities and government and manages complex hosting scenarios for rich media producers. Aptira is the acknowledged leader of the OpenStack community in Australia. The company is committed to the idea that what it is doing for their customers today will be mainstream tomorrow. For more information, visit aptira.com or follow them on twitter at @aptira.
About Piston Cloud Computing, Inc.
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is the enterprise OpenStackTM company. Founded in early 2011 by technical team leads from NASA and Rackspace®, Piston Cloud's technology is built on OpenStack, the fastest-growing, massively scalable open source cloud framework. The company's core product, Piston Enterprise OpenStackTM is the first cloud operating system built on OpenStack, and is specifically focused on security and the easy operation of enterprise private cloud environments. Piston Cloud is based in San Francisco and funded by Hummer Winblad, True Ventures and Divergent Ventures. Visit Piston Cloud online at http://www.pistoncloud.com or follow them on twitter at @pistoncloud.
Media Contact: Veronica Colvin Watterson Marketing Communications (02) 9929 7533 email@example.com
- SMEs awarded $240M in Government deals, so far
- Court approves $5M acquisition of Decimal Software
- Intel, TPG in early talks to sell McAfee to private equity firm
- LiveTiles to support AI chatbots growth for the University of Canberra
- Dense Air 5G infrastructure to deliver coverage infill, private networks
- GE rolls out its industrial IoT platform Predix out into separate company
- SAP takes on intelligent RPA following Contextor acquisition
- Ambient computing is in the air, but what is it?
- Deep-sea explorers turn to Dell to power fleet of intelligent vessels
- Kubernetes vendors target container security, operations and management
- The Star launches internal creative agency
- Marketers: How to check your unconscious bias at the door
- Krispy Kreme builds on omni-channel retail ambitions with payments innovation
- Telstra flags plans for a new customer loyalty program in 2019
- Government's Digital Transformation Strategy a step closer