- Cisco enterprise alert: Atlassian Jira bug tracker software has multiple security bugs
- The week in security: Early cyber education could stop people from being such easy targets – eventually
- Very Attacked People (VAPs) are doing cybercriminals’ work for them: report
- Telstra: We blocked 2.9 million scam calls in a month, but they keep coming
- Government rewriting cybersecurity conversations around consumer focus
- 6 February 2012 11:20
AIA Australia Improves Claims Experience with Axelerator
Sydney, February 6, 2012 - Axe Group, a fresh thinking software company, today announced that AIA Australia, a leader in the Australian life insurance industry, has implemented their Axelerator software to deliver online claims functionality to their group insurance clients.
AIA Australia launched the first phase of their eClaims system in November last year. The new system, the first of its kind in Australia, has been introduced initially for two of AIA Australia’s clients, REST and GESB. eClaims is now accessible to over 2.2 million members of these funds, allowing members to lodge claims against their group insurance policy through their fund’s portal. Claims can be lodged for all types of insurance cover provided by AIA Australia which ranges from Income Protection, Total and Permanent Disablement to Terminal Illness.
Appreciating that a key issue in group insurance is the member experience at claim time, AIA Australia chose to use Axelerator to develop the eClaims solution with the goal of improving fund members’ experience when lodging claims. The new system is also expected to reduce the cycle time for handling claims between Members, Funds and Administrators.
The current release of the eClaims system supports online lodgement of both single and concurrent claims. Claimants can upload supporting documents to accompany the claim submission. Lodged claims are routed via workflow to fund assessors who review claimants’ responses and submit eligibility assessments and any required supporting documents. Future releases will enable straight-through processing of some claims, and other ongoing improvements to the claims process.
AIA Australia is a specialist provider of life insurance products that has been operating in Australia for 40 years. They provide insurance to over two and half million Australians. They have won various industry awards during this time, including most recently the 2011 Group Insurer of the Year, as judged by Super Review and the Heron Partnership.
The Axelerator Insurance Platform is an innovative software solution that supports rapid configuration and integration. Combining working models with a powerful rules engine and personalisation, the platform is easily configured to deliver a system that has an exact business fit for each insurer and is readily extensible for additional channels and products.
Axelerator was chosen primarily because of its easy to use front-end and presentation layer that can be specifically personalised to suit AIA Australia’s clients. Axelerator is already being used to deliver online quoting and application systems for AIA Australia’s group clients, and the retail adviser channel. Their previous successful experience with the technology was another major factor in choosing Axe and Axelerator for this major initiative.
Kimberley Lathe, CEO, Axe Group, said, “Claims automation is a critical area in insurance, as the experience a claimant has with an insurer is often a defining moment. Using our Axelerator Insurance Platform to automate their claims process will allow AIA Australia to deliver superior services and give them the flexibility to easily and quickly provide their group clients with more services over time.”
About Axe Group
Axe Group is a fresh thinking software company enabling clients to outperform with our insurance software platform and cross-industry application development services. The Axelerator Insurance Platform is the first Adaptive STP system for automation of New Business, Claims Management and Lifecycle Services. Axelerator provides one-touch and personalised process execution, with smart handling of exceptions to enhance an Insurer’s competitive advantage. Our strength is building unique solutions to complex business problems with our domain experts enabling our clients to achieve their market goals. Since 1997 we have consistently delivered for clients. Contact us on 02 8081 6300 or see www.axegroup.com
- Mozilla first reveals, then conceals, paid support plan for Firefox
- Call me crazy, but Windows 11 could run on Linux
- Class action to target government over ‘robotdebt’ scheme
- Victoria uploads data for national facial recognition system
- Telstra launches outbound voice calling on Google Nest devices, iPhone eSIM support
- Secure Agility launches cloud platform backed by Cisco, Rubrik and Pure Storage
- How one acquisition and 50 MSSPs helped AT&T grow its cyber security business
- Oracle announces cloud region in Melbourne
- Oracle honours top Aussie partners of 2019
- NextDC partners with IPv6 provider to increase data centres' speed
- Former Groupon CMO: Why measurement doesn't necessarily equal effectiveness
- Universal's possibility chief: Build soul and purpose into your modern brand
- Why the rise of chief growth officers should sound a warning bell for CMOs
- Facebook criticises ACCC Digital Platforms Inquiry final report recommendations
- Using emerging technologies for better CX