- 4 February 2011 14:48
Extreme Networks brings networking to OpenStack cloud as newest member of Open Source movement
SYDNEY, Feb. 4, 2011. Extreme Networks, Inc., (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced its membership in the OpenStack™ community, an open source cloud operating system founded by Rackspace® and NASA, furthering its mission to deliver high- performance virtualised network infrastructure that transitions customers to the cloud.
Now with more than 50 participating companies, Extreme Networks has joined the premier open source cloud software initiative focused on driving open cloud standards.
“Extreme Networks has long been an innovator in open standards-based, high-performance networking,” said Mark Collier, Vice President of Community Development and Marketing for OpenStack at Rackspace. “As networking will play a key role in the evolution of the cloud, we look forward to Extreme Networks’ active participation in helping to evolve the networking layer of the OpenStack cloud.”
OpenStack brings together a dedicated community of cloud service providers and technology vendors focused on building open source software infrastructure for public, private and hybrid cloud architectures. As a new member, Extreme Networks will focus on integrating and automating the networking layer of OpenStack architectures, enabling advanced service layer capabilities and end-to-end provisioning of resources.
With the emergence of private and public cloud architectures, the OpenStack open source initiative will accelerate the deployment of open and interoperable cloud services. A key component to enabling cloud services is defining and integrating network-level functionality into the stack with the goal of creating a fully automated and self-provisioning cloud infrastructure.
"OpenStack shares our vision of open and scalable cloud computing, and has already proven to be a leader in providing open source cloud-based solutions to the marketplace," said Kevin Ryan, director of Data Center Solutions Marketing for Extreme Networks. "The OpenStack community is positioned to define how cloud services are built and delivered."
With its high-performance data center solutions, the BlackDiamond® and Summit® switches running the ExtremeXOS® operating system, Extreme Networks is well suited to deliver high performance cloud-based networking infrastructure. With advanced data center features including XNVTM and Direct AttachTM, the company has been a leader in integrating across multi-vendor virtualised environments in Managed Hosting, Cloud and Enterprise environments.
About Extreme Networks, Inc.
Extreme Networks provides converged Ethernet network infrastructures that support data, voice and video for enterprises and service providers. The company's network solutions feature high performance, high availability and scalable switching solutions that enable organizations to address real-world communications challenges and opportunities. Operating in more than 50 countries, Extreme Networks provides wired and wireless secure LANs, data center infrastructure and Service Provider Ethernet transport solutions that are complemented by global, 24x7 service and support. For more information, visit: http://www.extremenetworks.com
Extreme Networks’ distributor in Australia is Distribution Central (NetWorld Systems® business group). In New Zealand, distributors are Distribution Central and Ericsson NZ.
For more information James Owens Regional Director, Australia and New Zealand Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-8274 0700 Mobile: +61-430 166 691 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Extreme Networks Phone: +61-2-4341 50221 or +61 (0) 408 408 210 Email: email@example.com
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Samsung hunts for new CMO following Newton's departure
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 25 May 2017
- Qantas CMO: What it's taking to evolve our customer experience
- How the insights team within NAB is working to unlock customer data
- Report reveals Aussie advertisers are not meeting next-gen customer expectations