- 14 July 2010 11:22
Imperva introduces File Security family to help mitigate insider threats
Sydney, July 14, 2010 - Imperva, the leader in data security, announced a File Security product line, the latest addition to the company’s SecureSphere Data Security Suite.
SecureSphere File Firewall prevents unauthorised access to unstructured data residing on file servers, network attached storage (NAS). SecureSphere File Activity Monitoring (FAM) allows enterprises to monitor access to sensitive file data, establish an audit trail for compliance and reduce data access rights to a business need-to-know level. With this product expansion, Imperva’s data security suite helps enterprises protect not only web applications and databases but file systems as well.
“Critical business data exists everywhere: databases, applications and, most commonly, file servers,” said Imperva CTO Amichai Shulman. “Valuable business documents, intellectual property such as software source code, finance spreadsheets, and many other types of data are stored in these files. Yet, businesses today still lack the appropriate tools needed to monitor and secure sensitive file data within their organisation. And securing file systems is essential if companies wish to comply successfully with PCI, SOX or other data security mandates.”
According to research firm IDC, 80 per cent of all business data is file data, which will continue to grow at 60 per cent annually. At the same time, many government and private industry mandates require companies to track and monitor access to sensitive data regardless of where it resides. Imperva’s File Security products allow businesses to:
• Analyse who has access to, who owns, and who has accessed sensitive data. • Identify where access is ‘excessive’ and can be reduced. • Monitor access and alert and/or block access that violates business policy.
Additionally, key capabilities of the new product line include:
• User rights management for files: Companies can aggregate, review, approve or reject rights to sensitive files/folders; quickly identify suspect excessive and dormant rights. • Real-time file access auditing, security, integrity: Companies can audit, alert, and block access to sensitive files/folders.
Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald said: “Activity monitoring is an important security capability for any organisation. By identifying and detailing unusual activity when accessing information, insider threats can be mitigated and advanced threats that have bypassed our traditional security controls can be detected. Additionally, activity monitoring builds strong forensics capabilities while bolstering compliance programs to meet growing regulatory mandates.”
To view a short video and demo overview of the new product, click here: http://www.imperva.com/resources/videos.asp?t=FAM
About Imperva Imperva is the global leader in data security. With more than 1,300 direct customers and 25,000 cloud customers, Imperva’s customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, and managed service providers who rely on Imperva to prevent sensitive data theft from hackers and insiders. The award-winning Imperva SecureSphere is the only solution that delivers full activity monitoring for databases, applications and file systems. For more information, visit www.imperva.com, follow us on Twitter or visit our blog.
Media queries Grenadine Lau Imperva Phone: +65.6749 4482 Mobile: +65.9666 1886 Email: Grenadine.Lau@Imperva.com
David Frost PR Deadlines Pty Ltd, for Imperva Phone: +61.2.4341 5021 Mobile: +61 (0) 408 408 210 Email: email@example.com
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Samsung hunts for new CMO following Newton's departure
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 25 May 2017
- Qantas CMO: What it's taking to evolve our customer experience
- How the insights team within NAB is working to unlock customer data
- Report reveals Aussie advertisers are not meeting next-gen customer expectations