- Is your PC vulnerable to Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits? InSpectre tells you
- Despite their app appetite, Australian businesses still struggling to extend compliance to the cloud
- Nasty Android spyware will record audio when you reach a specific location
- Unprepared, APAC businesses to suffer as cybercriminals meddle in Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- What is Zero Trust? A model for more effective security
AIX System Administration ? UNIX
- Exciting opportunity
- Melbourne CBD | Close to great amenities
- Unix, AIX experience essential
We are currently looking for System Administrators with strong knowledge of Unix, AIX 3 months contract role.
We are currently looking for a Linux Administrator with extensive Unix and AIX, variants experience for a 3 months contract based in the Melbourne CBD.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading Australian organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. Great Melbourne CBD location, close to all transport and shops.
A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Midrange team is looking for a Technical Specialist on AIX to provide technical assistance and expertise to support the development, implementation, support and administration of technology solutions across our various operational platforms with superior skills across our core Unix and AIX and their supporting platforms
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extensive experience with IBM AIX 5. x & 6.x and VIO server 2.2 and experience with AIX 7.1
- Strong understanding of P4/P5/P6/P7 pSeries hardware architectures
- Extensive experience with IBM Power Virtualization, creation and management of virtual servers.
- Strong skill in IBM Virtualization products (HMC, PowerVM, LPM, VIO and LPAR)
- Extensive experience with NPIV
- Extensive experience using SAN disks from multiple SAN vendors
- Experience with writing scripts.
- Experience with IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- Experience with troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- Experience installing IBM APARs, PTFs, maintenance upgrades
- TCP/IP and networking experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork and customer support focus
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and simplify technical information, and clearly communicate this information to target audiences.
- Experience with IT service Management process and procedures.
Core responsibilities include:
- Support Incident, Problem and Change management procedure to ensure best outcome for customer / Client.
- Ensure Designs are implemented with
- Recommend, improve and drive implementation & adherence to agreed methodologies, standards and guidelines.
- Managing a number of assigned servers and applications, backup on other servers and applications.
- Standard trouble shooting procedures for hardware and software problems.
- Scheduled 24/7 on-call support or Project support after business hours.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Rutika Kawale on 03 86804220. Please quote our job reference number: 200166595.
Reference Number: 200166595_6
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- How cryptocurrency is set to change the customer loyalty program model
- New brand messaging at the centre of Bupa’s CX focus in 2018
- Former HCF CMO joins Compare the Market
- How data and employee advocacy are helping Volkwagen achieve CX innovation
- Updated: De Castro leaves AGL, takes consumer GM role at Vocus